The Board of Water Commissioners for the Water District of Sudbury was constituted by vote of a District Meeting held on April 25, 1934. This meeting created the Water District of Sudbury through a vote accepting the provisions of Chapter 100 of the Acts of the General Court of Massachusetts for the year 1934. In accordance with the provisions of Article 6 of the warrant at that meeting, the District authorized the construction of a public water works system within the District, under direction of the Board of Water Commissioners. An Annual District Meeting has been held yearly since the date of its establishment. At this time an annual budget and individual Articles are presented to a forum of registered Town voters for approval of upcoming projects and improvements within the District.