Positions Available

Four Positions Available for Annual Water District Election in Sudbury

District Clerk, Susan O’Connor, has announced there will be four official positions open for election at the May 18th Annual Water District Election. Interested candidates must file their intention with the District Clerk through the Office Manager, Karen Moretti, on or before Friday, March 26, 2021, 4:00 p.m. and return the nomination papers on or before Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 4:00 p.m. Candidates must be registered voters in the Town of Sudbury as well as members of the Sudbury Water District.

The available positions are:

Moderator                                           One 1-year term

District Clerk                                       One 1-year term

Treasurer                                             One 1-year term

Commissioner                                     One 3-year term

          Incumbents, whose terms are expiring, as well as new candidates interested in running for office, may obtain the necessary forms and nomination papers by contacting Karen Moretti at 978-460-9230 to schedule a pick-up/drop-off day and time (8:30 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday) as our Administration building (199 Raymond Road) is temporary closed to walk-in visitors due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Wednesday, April 28, at 8:00 p.m. is the deadline for registering to vote at the Annual Water District Election and the Annual Water District Meeting. Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office in Town Hall, 322 Concord Road, 24/7 and forms are left in the rear entry vestibule which is open and there is a locked drop box “in person” as the building is closed to the public. We recommend everyone register online at www.registertovoteMA.com. A required ID from the Registry is needed and the deadline is 12:00 pm on April 28th. A Mail-in Voter Registration form is available at the U.S. Post Office in Shaw’s Plaza.

Voters need to be members of the Sudbury Water District as well as registered voters within the Town of Sudbury. Should a voter move within Town and the residence is still within the Water District, notification of such residence change should be given to the Town Clerk’s office as well as to the Sudbury Water District.