Routine Daytime Water Main Flushing is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, April 19th
- Flushing is conducted during the hours of 9 am-3 pm (approx.) Monday-Friday.
- Flushing will originate on Marlboro Road at the intersection of Maynard Road and progress through the northern quadrant of town.
- Water conditions to those in close proximity to areas where flushing is conducted will likely be influenced.
- You may notice a temporary drop in pressure or experience discolored water which is normal during flushing which should subside overnight.
- When flushing mains; even if we are not directly flushing your street, connecting streets COULD experience some, all, or none of the same affects as that of the actual street being flushed.
- Avoid drawing in sediment into your own household plumbing system by limiting intake while flushing is conducted in your immediate area.
WHY FLUSH WATER MAINS:
Flushing or “scouring” water mains helps to clear our distribution pipes of sediment and mineral build up. Hydrants are systematically opened to increase flows, allowing us to “flush” minerals and deposits from the pipes, this practice not only extends the life of our water mains but improves water quality.
STAY INFORMED OF FLUSHING ROUTE CHANGES:
- As flushing advances updates will be posted directly to our flushing page.
- Major route changes will be electronically mailed to our subscribers.
The map ID you have entered does not exist. Please enter a map ID that exists.